New York, May 24 2011: Cable&Wireless Worldwide announced its full year results for fiscal year 2010-11 (ended 31 March 2011) today. A key highlight for the C&W Worldwide Americas business during the year was the appointment of Andrew Morawski as the Managing Director for the company’s operations in the region.
In this role, Andrew has overall commercial and strategic responsibility for the company’s enterprise and carrier sales, marketing, HR and service delivery operations in the region. Andrew is based in New York and reports to Nick Lambert, the Managing Director of C&W Worldwide’s Global Markets operations.
Andrew brings a wealth of experience in the global telecommunications industry to the role. Prior to joining C&W Worldwide, Andrew worked for Telstra for over a decade in multiple roles including President and CEO of Telstra Inc, leading the Americas region for Telstra International.
Andrew has held senior management roles with organisations such as Nortel where he managed the relationship between Nortel and SBC through the acquisition of Pacific Bell and SNET. He has also worked as Director of Sales Operations and Regional Vice President of Sales for Prism Communications as well as holding sales and management positions with Nynex Meridian Systems.
Nick Lambert, Managing Director, Global Markets, C&W Worldwide said, “The Americas are an important global market for C&W Worldwide. We have a great track record of delivering global managed network services to some of the largest banking, financial services and high-technology companies headquartered in the US. Andrew is a seasoned industry executive, ideally placed to sustain growth initiatives and drive exciting new opportunities in this region.”
The complete annual results statement is available on the corporate website at http://www.cw.com/preliminary-results-2011/.
Head of Press & Media Relations.
+44 (0) 7822 816 097
+44 (0) 1344 818 888
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Cable&Wireless Worldwide has been delivering global managed networking services to US based multi-national corporations for over 30 years
- The company now employs sales, service management, marketing and service support colleagues in New York, Virginia, Texas and San Francisco to support our customer requirements in the United States.
- The company has 20 Points-of-Presence in eight cities across the United States. It has recently concluded the roll-out of its next-generation Multi-Services Platform (MSP) network in the market. Multinational companies and businesses across the region will now be able to benefit from high-quality managed IP services, Ethernet-based solutions and value-added unified communications applications that the company delivers on this single secure, reliable platform.
- Cable&Wireless Worldwide has a Network-to-Network Interchange (NNI) partnership agreement with Sprint which enables the company to connect customers to every major city across North America. The company also has an NNI with Telus to connect customers to Canadian territories. In addition, its NNI partnership with Telefonica in Central and South America enables it to deliver services to 14 markets in that key emerging economic geography.
- The MSP is already available in Asia Pacific, Europe, India, the Middle East and the United Kingdom. Stretching more than 425,000km and connecting to more than 150 countries, the Cable&Wireless Worldwide next-generation network (NGN) comprises of the UK's largest fibre network for business communications, 132 network points-of-presence (PoPs) globally and owned capacity on over 60 cable systems around the world.
About Cable&Wireless Worldwide
Cable&Wireless Worldwide (LSE: CW.) is a leading global telecoms company providing a wide range of high-quality managed voice, data, hosting and IP-based services and applications to large multinational companies, governments, carrier customers and resellers across the UK, Asia Pacific, India, Middle East & Africa, Continental Europe and North America. Established in the 1860s, Cable&Wireless Worldwide helps more than 6,000 organisations deliver their goals. The Group’s vision is to be the first choice for mission critical communications.
Reaching 20,500km in length, Cable&Wireless Worldwide owns the UK’s largest fibre network dedicated to business users of telecoms, and provides ubiquitous nationwide access through a combination of fibre, digital, microwave, radio and leased circuits. The network has presence in over 400 towns and cities in the UK, with 864 unbundled exchanges covering 56% of the population.
Internationally, Cable&Wireless Worldwide’s global next-generation network (NGN) stretches to more than 425,000km, including interests in 60 global cable systems, enabling connectivity to more than 150 countries. The Group’s IP-based Multi-Service Platform operates at the core of our NGN, offering a single environment on which voice and data applications can be converged to drive business efficiencies. Cable&Wireless Worldwide’s network is uniquely designed with inbuilt resilience.
With more than 6,000 colleagues globally, Cable&Wireless Worldwide is committed to delivering exceptional customer service and developing long term partnerships with its customers
To find out more, please visit www.cw.com