Virgin Mobile goes green
As Virgin Mobile’s first eco-friendly1, no contract device, Samsung Restore™ is perfect for the tech savvy, yet eco-friendly consumer. Restore’s casing includes post-consumer recycled plastic and 83 percent of the phone is recyclable2. Samsung Restore is a full-feature messaging whiz, offering a slide-out full QWERTY, 4-row keyboard, 2.0 MP camera and camcorder, and media player with microSD card slot.
· The phone casing contains 27 percent post-consumer recycled plastics and the handset as a whole is 83 percent recyclable. The device meets strict RoHS3 standards and only has low levels of environmentally sensitive materials (PVC, BFRs, Phthalates, Beryllium).
· Restore will launch in Virgin Mobile’s new handset packaging that is also more eco-friendly. The green packaging is now composed of 100% recycled plastic and uses almost 50% less plastic than prior packaging.
· Social networking shortcuts to sites such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter
· 2.0 megapixel camera and video camcorder
· MP3 player with microSD card slot (supports up to 32GB)
· Navigate with Google Maps and Virgin Navigator
· Stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology
· Access to e-mail, including AOL®, Gmail®, Yahoo!® and MSN/Windows™ Live Hotmail
· Dimensions: 4.6 x 2.1 x 0.6 inches; 3.7 ounces
· Display: 1.4 x 1.9 inches TFT (240 x 320 pixels and 262k vibrant colors)
· Standard 1140 mAh battery: up to 6 hours continuous talk time*
*Talk times will vary depending on phone usage patterns and conditions. Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network onfiguration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls and voice, data and other application usage patterns.
1The terms “eco-friendly” refers to the product, packaging and recycling initiatives as described in applicable product documentation, websites, and other referenced programs
2Recycling programs may not exist in your area.
3 Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive, 2002/95/EC as amended
Nichole Cappitelli, Virgin Mobile Ashley Lane, MWW Group for Samsung