New business office adds 10 positions to the community with room to expand to 30
SAN FRANCISCO - April 26, 2011 (Print-friendly PDF file)
PAETEC Holding Corp. (NASDAQ GS: PAET), a Fortune 1000 company that provides advanced communication solutions to businesses nationwide, today announced the official opening of its local office in San Francisco, creating 10 new positions in the city. The new office, located on the 19th floor of 100 Spear Street downtown, can accommodate growth up to 30 employees and will serve the Bay Area with PAETEC's unique blend of personalized customer support and business-class communication products and services.
"Over the past two years with the opening of our Walnut Creek office, acquisition of Sacramento-based Quagga Corp., this new office in San Francisco and plans for an office in San Jose, the Bay Area has become a significant base of operations in the West," said Reginald Scales, president of PAETEC's west region. "Our highly personalized communications solutions have been embraced by the dynamic, high-tech business community in the Bay-area and we're proud to now have a presence in the heart of the city."
PAETEC is one of the largest competitive telecommunication carriers in the nation serving 86 of the largest 100 Metropolitan Service Areas. With approximately $2 billion in revenue including companies acquired in 2010, PAETEC and its 4,600 dedicated employees serve the ever-changing communications needs of approximately 90,000 large and mid-size businesses from coast to coast including universities, health care and financial institutions, and government agencies.
The company's broad product portfolio includes services such as MPLS VPN to cost-effectively manage bandwidth and connect multiple locations, VoIP to gain the maximum benefits of IP-based communications, along with a suite of managed security and data center solutions.
PAETEC leverages and combines individual products to create comprehensive solutions to address our customers' need in the areas of:
- Communications: Reliable and scalable products for data, voice, and Internet services. PAETEC tailors service solutions to enhance customers' internal and external communications.
- Business Continuity: Effective tools for disaster preparedness, network redundancy, and application recovery. PAETEC provides advanced tools to help its customers recover from the loss or corruption of data, and to maintain their operations during and after a disaster.
- Security: Products and services such as Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDPS) that protect customers' critical corporate files and applications, mitigate risks, and support regulatory compliance.
- Managed Services: Products that address budgetary constraints and limited IT resources. Customers can essentially outsource their communications requirements, allowing them to focus limited IT resources on other critical needs.
- Financing: PAETEC's unique Equipment for Services Program allows businesses to reduce or even eliminate the capital expense of communications equipment as part of an overall network services contract.
"We've found our advanced solutions including VoIP with SIP Trunking, nationwide MPLS VPN, and comprehensive equipment solutions are a natural fit for businesses with both a local and national presence," said Michael Colachico, PAETEC's vice president and general manager. "We're also seeing that as many telecom and IT organizations have limited capital budgets, our Equipment for Services program can help businesses achieve their IT goals while minimizing the capital expense." PAETEC's Equipment for Services program can subsidize important office equipment such as phone systems, routers, servers, and even software licenses.
For more information about PAETEC services in San Francisco, please contact the San Francisco office at 415.400.0150.
PAETEC (NASDAQ: PAET), a FORTUNE 1000 company, is personalizing business communications for medium and large businesses, enterprise organizations and institutions across the United States. We offer a comprehensive suite of IP, voice, data, and Internet services, as well as enterprise communications management software, network security solutions, CPE, and managed services. For more information, visit www.paetec.com.