Juniper Networks® MAG Series Junos® Pulse Gateways Converge Secure Mobile, Remote and Local Access for Small Businesses to Large Enterprises
SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 13, 2011 — Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings) today announced availability of the Juniper Networks MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways, built specifically to provide a single point of convergence for managing the secure network connectivity and access challenges of a mobile, always-connected workforce. The MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways, with the Junos Pulse client, deliver mobile, remote network access with Juniper’s market-leading SSL VPN and local access with Unified Access Control (UAC) technologies all in a modular, purpose-built chassis.
The MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways secure enterprise connectivity for users, regardless of device or location, doing so at scale and with reduced costs. The new product family, in conjunction with the Junos Pulse client, lowers OPEX and CAPEX by reducing the number of appliances and servers needed to deliver and control secure network access regardless of a user’s location or device. Additionally, the combination of the Junos Pulse client with the MAG Series gateways helps to limit software installation updates required on corporate managed and personal devices used by employees, saving valuable IT staff time, energy and focus.
“Organizations face an ever increasing challenge to provide access for the mobile workforce in a way that is not only highly secure, but also cost efficient and manageable,” said Mrs. Dr. Cords, IT-Center, University of Frankfurt. “The MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways address this need with a solution that combines both remote and local access security at scale. And, any reduction in cost is always an added bonus. This solution we are definitely going to test and to deploy in our environment.”
“Employees are more mobile than ever — and they require fast network access and connectivity to be as productive as possible. The challenge for C-level executives is to build an infrastructure that can adapt to employee mobility, with role-based security the company requires — all while minimizing costs,” said Sanjay Beri, vice president and general manager, Junos Pulse Business Unit, Juniper Networks. “The cost savings, flexible management, and space and resource savings offered by the MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways changes the economics of network access infrastructure — meeting these business challenges and allowing enterprises and SMBs to evolve as needed through the integration of other future technologies.”
Key Features and Benefits
The MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways achieve secure connectivity, and network and application access with significant reductions in costs through several key features:
- Application Density — The MAG Series supports SSL VPN and network access control (NAC) applications.
- Massive Scalability — Designed for use by SMBs to large enterprises, the MAG Series supports anywhere from 100 to 40,000 concurrent Junos Pulse Secure Access Service remote and mobile access users, and from 200 concurrent guest users to 60,000 NAC users.
- Personality Switching — The Junos Pulse Secure Access Service and Junos Pulse Access Control service application modules can change personality, allowing administrators to reconfigure from securing one mode of access to another.
- Cross-platform Support — SMBs and enterprises alike may allow users to access their corporate network and its resources from almost any type of mobile device — notebooks, netbooks, smartphones, tablet devices, and other mobile devices — which run nearly any type of operating system (Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS, Linux, Apple iOS, Google Android, Nokia Symbian, Microsoft Windows Mobile, and so on).
- Leverage Existing Infrastructure — The MAG Series and its application services leverage existing security infrastructure — from existing backend data stores and directories, to 802.1X switches and access points, as well as deployed Juniper Networks firewalls and security gateways — to deliver secure, identity- and role-enabled network and application access control, regardless of the user’s location, saving SMBs and enterprises time, and simplifying network administration and maintenance.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners. All Juniper Networks product related information and comparisons are based on internal testing results, publicly available information regarding competitive offerings and in some cases, industry standards.
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date