Cisco ISR Routing Allows Integration of Multiple Services and Helps Assure Availability of Internet Connections, Harnessing the Power and Speed of Today's Networks
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, April 18, 2011 – FiberCorp, the corporate business unit of Cablevisión S.A., has chosen Cisco® technology to offer a new Internet service to its small and medium-sized business customers, improving the strategic role of the network for the competitiveness and productiveness of these companies.
The new technical infrastructure includes Cisco Integrated Services Routers connected directly to the hybrid fiber coaxial network of Cablevision, with the possibility of integrating multiple services in a Cisco Borderless Network Architecture.
The solution also uses DOCSIS® cable technology, from hub to customers, which allows a similar bandwidth to the one offered via optic fiber, without the need of a fiber deployment.
This implementation offers customers a symmetrical bandwidth, unlike cable's traditional access, where the available upstream bandwidth is (from the residence to the operator's hub) less than the downstream bandwidth.
- The solution consists of the Cisco Borderless Network Architecture, which includes Ciso Integrated Services Routers and DOCSIS technology.
- The Cisco solution allows FiberCorp to offer Internet access, telephony, video, virtual private networks, security solutions and services virtualization over unique customer-premises equipment for the corporate segment.
- The first- and second-generation Cisco Integrated Services Routers allow the operator to decrease operating costs by unifying access and additional services in one piece of equipment and to offer a differentiated service as well. In addition, the solution is easy and fast to implement, facilitating the final customer's business.
- The FiberCorp's Symmetrical Access service, mounted over an HFC (hybrid fiber coaxial) network, is based on the last mile over coaxial cable and is delivered with Cisco equipment as the network gateway.
- The access is symmetrical: That is, it has the same bandwidth for uploading and downloading Internet data and it has an assured annual availability.
- The service has technical advantages like low latency, fewer network hops, and a low packet-loss rate from being integrated over the FiberCorp private backbone.
- The service is oriented especially for small and medium-sized businesses within the area of FiberCorp coverage.
- Desca, a Cisco Gold Certified Partner, implemented this project.
- Ignacio Ardohain, FiberCorp commercial director
- "Thanks to Cisco technology we have a huge competitive advantage in the small and medium-sized business market. Today we can offer a different service to our corporate customers and a better quality than a traditional broadband connection, fundamental characteristics for a company to have its business always online and available."
- "We chose Cisco because we needed a reliable partner to be with us in the long term and help us build a safe and flexible infrastructure to support our business as needs change."
- Hernan Piñero, Cisco account manager
"The Internet is changing and evolving constantly, and that is why Cisco's strategy is to deliver a higher value within its core network offering and to provide customers with an IT infrastructure that is more cohesive and architecturally strong. We believe that FiberCorp is very alert to this evolution and is passing on the benefits to its customers.
- Hernan Hevia, Cisco engineer
"With this technological implementation, FiberCorp can deploy a unified multiservice access infrastructure for the transport of video, voice, data and added-value services to its corporate customers, which allows it to save time and quickly answer its growing customer needs."
FiberCorp is the corporate business unit of Cablevisión, S.A., which provides integral telecommunications solutions to big, medium-sized and small companies, as well as shops, professionals and governmental entities, for more than a decade.
For its coverage, service and experience, it is one of the leaders in the market of high-speed Internet access and data transmission in which more than 20,000 companies trust. http://www.fibercorp.com.ar/empresa/nuestra_empresa.asp
About Cisco Systems
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. DOCSIS is a registered trademark of Cable Television Laboratories, Inc.
- Celeste Weissbein Cisco Systems, Inc. +54 11 4341 0634 email@example.com