Telx Ethernet Exchange Customers in All Service Locations Can Quickly, Easily Manage Bandwidth, Order Status and Inventory While Securely Connecting with Other Service Providers
New York, NY (March 16, 2011) – Telx®, a leading interconnection and colocation provider in strategic North American markets, today announced the rollout of an enhanced version of its self-service Web portal for customers of the Telx Ethernet Exchange. The Telx Ethernet Exchange Web portal enables quick, customized management of all aspects of the service, including discovery, order status, upcoming activity and trouble ticket activity –all in a secure, easy-to-use platform. The Web portal offers Telx Ethernet Exchange customers enhanced visibility and more flexible, DIY alternatives for the management of their account and services.
“The Telx Ethernet Exchange Web portal enhances Exchange members’ customer experience by empowering them to efficiently manage important aspects of their service,” said Gina Nomellini, chief marketing officer of One Source Networks. “Telx continues to build solutions that help customers expand services and explore new opportunities.”
Features of the Telx Ethernet Exchange Web portal include:
- Dashboard reporting: A completely customizable, “snapshot” view of all Ethernet Exchange activity, delivering simple, at-a-glance management for network operations and provisioning teams, product managers, sales teams and CIOs.
- Discovery: With a few clicks, users can search for an Exchange connectivity location by city, address or even building. Once a location is identified, the user can see a list of available suppliers, contact the supplier to get a quote or more information, or place an order.
- Order Inventory Management: Place new ENNI orders, place Operator Virtual Connections (OVC) orders, or view the status of existing orders and/or change orders, safely and securely.
- Service Management: View, diversify and manage Ethernet bandwidth configuration to scale services quickly and cost-effectively.
- Project Management: Collaborate with other internal departments, or even with other service providers, in this secure area that allows the grouping of management activities and tasks.
- Trouble Ticket Management: Initiate, manage and delete trouble tickets in real time, or connect with Telx’s service assurance team.
“The Telx Ethernet Exchange Web portal puts a robust, reliable management tool in the hands of our marketplace of global and U.S.-based Ethernet service providers. Using the portal, Telx Ethernet Exchange customers can easily manage their connectivity demands and bandwidth designations, and can even order Ethernet network-to-network interface (ENNI) connections,” said Glenn Calafati, VP of Interconnection Services for Telx. “The customized features give everyone from the network provision manager to the CIO their desired level of granular access into the Ethernet Exchange experience.”
About the Telx Ethernet Exchange
Winner of the 2010 INTERNET TELEPHONY® Product of the Year Award, The Telx Ethernet Exchange provides a more efficient and simplified method of interconnecting service provider networks on a one-to-many basis. The Telx Ethernet Exchange is powered by the 6.4 TB/s capable Cisco ASR 9000 hardware platform and the modular Cisco IOS® XR software operating system, simplifying network operations for Ethernet wholesale service providers and Enterprise customers while enabling comprehensive system redundancy and network resiliency. To read more about how Telx helps carriers and services providers extend the reach of their networks, register to read this white paper on Ethernet Exchanges.
Telx is a leading provider of interconnection, colocation and business exchange services in strategic, high demand North American markets. With 15 premier facilities, Telx increases speed to market and reduces connectivity costs by providing direct connections to the industry’s highest performance networks and access to more than 800 leading telecommunications carriers, ISPs, content providers and enterprises. Telx is a privately held company headquartered in New York City with four facilities in the New York Metro area, two facilities in Chicago, two facilities in Dallas, three facilities in California, (Los Angeles, San Francisco and Santa Clara) and facilities in Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix and Charlotte, N.C. For more information about Telx, visit www.telx.com. To become a fan of Telx on Facebook, go to http://www.facebook.com/telxgroup.
BridgeView Marketing for Telx