Sprint remains one-stop shop for customers with expanded portfolio available through strategic relationship with CompuCom
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), March 17, 2011 - Sprint (NYSE:S, news, filings) today announced an expanded portfolio of managed security solutions for businesses. Sprint Managed Security Solutions delivers a full range of network security solutions, helping to ensure the integrity, availability and confidentiality of critical and proprietary business information. Now Sprint is partnering with CompuCom as a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) to enhance and expand the portfolio with the latest security technology to deliver cost-effective products that form a strong defense against internal and external attacks.
Through the relationship, Sprint and CompuCom will deliver new and cutting-edge security solutions for businesses, including:
- Sprint Secure Unified Threat Management (UTM) – Fully managed solution that uses a single device to manage security strategy. UTM services work together as a system to provide better visibility and protection against network threats. Services can include firewall, VPN, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Antivirus/Antispyware, AntiSpam, Web Filtering, Application Control, and Data Loss Prevention.
- Sprint Secure Log Management and Compliance – Comprehensive solution that helps identify and mitigate threats at the network, host and application layer, as well as address industry and government compliance requirements for log monitoring, collection and storage.
- Sprint Secure Vulnerability Monitoring – Monitoring service that identifies and tracks the presence of vulnerabilities in system resources and the applications that run within servers, networks and desktops. Devices on the customer network are scanned on regular intervals, and corrective measures taken when needed to curb the occurrence and potential effects of security incidents.
- Sprint Secure PCI-DSS Scanning and Assessment – A comprehensive assessment of business security needs, and the development and implementation of a security strategy that helps to ensure compliance with PCI-DSS requirements.
- Sprint Secure Managed Host-Based Antivirus/AntiSpam – Managed Security experts stationed in the Sprint Security Operations Center remotely monitor and manage an organization’s servers, hosting, Antivirus/AntiSpam and other web-filtering applications. The remote systems management service utilizes best practices and standard monitoring and management toolsets to optimize server performance and availability.
“CompuCom is an extension of the Sprint Managed Security Services portfolio, with Sprint maintaining primary point of contact with businesses for billing, support and overall customer experience,” said Tom Roberts, vice president of business marketing, Sprint. “Business wireline customers benefit by having a ‘one-stop shop’ for all network and security requirements, predictable Managed Security costs, and the extensive security expertise of both Sprint and CompuCom.”
Ed Anderson, chief strategy officer at CompuCom, added, “We are very pleased to expand the reach of our Managed Security Services through our relationship with Sprint. CompuCom brings a long heritage in IT security and we invest in innovation to ensure we deliver the strongest Managed Security Services to our clients.”
Sprint Managed Security Solutions portfolio will continue to include critical offers such as:
- Sprint Secure Managed CPE-based Firewall
- Sprint Secure Managed Network-based Firewall
- Sprint Secure Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Sprint IP DefenderSM (thwarts DDoS attacks)
- Sprint Secure Web Protection
- Sprint Secure Message Security
- Sprint Secure WAN Acceleration
- Sprint Secure Remote Access Services
Please visit www.sprint.com/managedsecurity for more information about these and the new services. To join in the latest discussions and learn more about business solutions available through convergence, visit the Seamless Enterprise at www.seamlessenterprise.com.
Sprint Managed Security Solutions are available through Sprint Business, which is composed of sales, support, marketing and operations personnel solely dedicated to enterprise, small and medium-sized business and public sector customers. BMG delivers wireless, wireline and converged solutions for companies, drawing on its 3G and 4G wireless capabilities, push-to-talk network, Global IP network and growing portfolio of M2M partners and solutions.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 49.9 million customers at the end of 2010 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
CompuCom is recognized as the leading IT outsourcing specialist for incorporating international standards, real world experience, and ITIL best practices. The company is listed among leaders in service desk, managed desktop, managed security, data center, remote infrastructure management, and hosted virtual desktop services markets. CompuCom’s flagship IIM™ solution and framework helps organizations reduce operating and capital expense, drive alignment of IT services to business plans, and improve the value contribution of innovative technologies and processes. To learn more, visit www.CompuCom.com.
Stephanie Greenwood, 913-315-1612