Expanded 4G connections, easier than ever to use
Extend your mobile broadband experience to any Wi-Fi enabled device and stop searching for wireless hotspots. Compact, portable and easy to carry, Overdrive™ Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Sierra Wireless allows users to connect up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices simultaneously – including laptops, tablets, eReaders, music players, gaming devices, and cameras – through a single connection (via Wi-Fi) to a 4G network offering download speeds up to 10 times faster than today’s 3G service.1 Sprint 4G, currently offered in 71 markets in 28 states, provides faster speeds and more capacity to enable user experience for high-bandwidth applications like streaming music, interactive gaming, transferring large data files or downloading videos in seconds. The integrated LCD screen on Overdrive Pro provides all the information you need at your fingertips to monitor your connection. It also supports MicroSD memory cards up to 32 GB for shared storage, and provides shared built-in Wi-Fi GPS capability.
· Seamlessly supports transition between Sprint 3G and 4G networks
- Universal Wi-Fi capability: Up to 8 Wi-Fi enabled devices sharing one connection
- Compatible with Universal Wi-Fi devices, supports 802.11 b/g/n; works with all Operating Systems
- MicroSD slot for shared storage up to 8 connected devices; can support memory cards up to 32GB
- LCD view communicates device information such as Internet connection status, number of people sharing and battery life
- GPS capable: Built-in Wi-Fi GPS capability (on 3G) allows you to pinpoint and map your location, available to any capable connected device
- Easy to use: compact, portable device requires no connector, activation or installation, enabling easy re-deployment
- Extended Wi-Fi range up to 150 feet outdoors, 115 feet indoors
- 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – Peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps
- 3G data speeds (EV-DO Rev. A) – Peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.
- Backwards compatible to the EVDO Rev. 0 and 1xRTT Networks
- External antenna ports
· Dimensions: 2.67 inches (h) x 2.67 inches (w) x 0.71 inch (d)
· Weight: 3.37 oz.
· Frequency: 1xEVDO Rev. A, Rev. 0 and 1X (850/1900 MHz); WiMAX 2500MHz and GPS MHz
· Main Display Size and Type: 1.7” LCD
· Main Display Total Pixel Count: 160 x 128 pixels
· Connector: Wireless or Micro USB for tethering
· Chipset: Beceem BCS350 (WiMax) & Qualcomm MDM6085 (EvDO)
· Battery mAh: 1830 mAh with access time up to 4 hours and up to 4 weeks standby time
Caroline Semerdjian, Sprint
Sharlene Myers, Sierra Wireless
 Up to 10x faster claim: Based on download speed comparison of Sprint 3G average speeds (600 kbps -1.4 Mbps) vs. Sprint 4G average speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary by plan or based on other factors.
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date