Cisco Presenting Speakers Panel, Music Shows at SXSW 2011 to Showcase How the Business and Experience of Entertainment Is Evolving
March 11, 2011
During SXSW, the Cisco Media Solutions Group will be everywhere – from conference speaking to the expo floor to musical showcases. Cisco is working in conjunction with Warner Music Group, Atlantic Records, Elektra Records and Chop Shop Records to bring to life some of the most exciting events at SXSW this year. Cisco is the presenting sponsor for two Atlantic events: the "Killers, Lasers, Papers" show featuring Grammy winner Cee Lo Green, Grammy winner Lupe Fiasco, and Wiz Khalifa, as well as the Chop Shop Records and Atlantic Records SXSW Party, featuring indie rock artists Portugal. The Man, The Joy Formidable, The Republic Tigers, Scars on 45, and Kitten. "Killer, Lasers, Papers" will be streamed live to the site www.killerslaserspapers.com, enabled by Cisco Eos®, as well as the artists' sites and other online destinations and mobile devices.
Additionally, Dan Scheinman, senior vice president and general manager of the Cisco Media Solutions Group, will participate on a panel at the SXSW Music Conference titled "You've Built a Social Network, Now What?" on Wednesday, March 16 at 12:30 p.m. at the Austin Convention Center.
To learn more about the Cisco Eos platform and how the rise of social entertainment is changing the music, film and entertainment landscape, visit the Cisco Booth (322) on the SXSW show floor.
- March 11-20, SXSW 2011 in Austin, Texas
- Visit Cisco's Booth 322 at the Austin Convention Center
Cisco Activities at SXSW:
SXSW Music Conference Panel: "You've Built a Social Network, Now What?"
- Date and Time: Wednesday, March 16, 12:30 p.m. CDT
- Venue: Austin Convention Center, Room 11AB, 500 E. Cesar Chavez St.
- Paul Sinclair, senior vice president, Digital Media, Atlantic Records
- Michael Fiebach, CEO, Fame
- Dan Scheinman, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Media Solutions Group
- Bill Werde, editorial director, Billboard (moderator)
- Date and Time: Thursday, March 17, 8 p.m. CDT
- Venue: La Zona Rosa
- Artists: Cee Lo Green, Lupe Fiasco, Wiz Khalifa, Donnis, XV
- Live Streaming to:
- The killerslaserspapers.com website
- Each artist's individual website
- Mobile devices
- In addition to the performance, there will be numerous opportunities for fans to win prizes before, during and after the live event, and online. Register for the live stream and contests at killerslaserspapers.com.
- Date and Time: Saturday, March 19, 4 p.m. CDT
- Venue: Brush Square Park
For more information on any of Cisco's SXSW events, or to arrange an onsite interview or booth visit with Cisco executives, send an email to email@example.com.
South by Southwest (SXSW, Inc.) is a private company based in Austin, Texas, with a year-round staff of professionals dedicated to building and delivering conference and festival events for entertainment and related media industry professionals. Since 1987, SXSW has produced the internationally recognized Music and Media Conference & Festival.
In 1994 as the entertainment business adjusted to issues of future growth and development, SXSW added conferences and festivals for the film industry (SXSW Film) as well as for the blossoming interactive media (SXSW Interactive Festival). Now three industry events converge in Austin during a Texas-sized week, mirroring the ever increasing convergence of entertainment/media outlets.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Jim Brady Cisco Systems, Inc. +1 408-424-2150 firstname.lastname@example.org