Prism™ TV’s Championship Multiview feature allows tournament viewers to catch every second of action on one screen
Mar 17, 2011
LAS VEGAS, March 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — College hoops fanatics wanting to catch every minute of action without having to battle for seats at crowded bars and sports books can rejoice. Just in time for basketball madness, CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL, news, filings), the leading provider of high-quality Internet, entertainment and voice services, has launched a new feature on its television service allowing viewers to watch the games on all four networks on one TV screen.
CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV’s newest feature, called Championship Multiview, displays four programs at once: A primary game will be featured on one half of the TV screen, while three alternative games will be featured on the other half. With the college basketball tournament now broadcast on four stations – CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV – Prism customers won’t miss one second of the action. The feature, available on Prism channel 600, is offered through the end of the men’s college basketball tournament, and then will be re-launched later this year with additional advanced highlights.
The Championship Multiview functionality lives on CenturyLink™ Prism™, a 100 percent digital TV service, offering local, premium and high-definition channels delivered over the telecommunications company’s advanced fiber-based managed network. Prism is built on an interactive platform where updates are made automatically, so new features, including the Championship Multiview function, are available to current customers immediately.
“For the first time in more than 20 years, the country’s premier college sporting event is broadcast on four stations, and CenturyLink™ Prism™ customers have a new way to watch the games – in the comfort of their homes without missing any action,” said Jeff Oberschelp, vice president and general manager for CenturyLink in Nevada. “With Prism™ TV, CenturyLink is always looking for ways to respond to customers’ needs for an advanced service, and the mosaic feature allows us to bring Southern Nevadans an experience they can’t get elsewhere.”
About CenturyLink™ Prism™
CenturyLink™ Prism™ provides access to more than 230 all-digital channels, as well as Pay Per View and Video On Demand. Additional features include:
- Whole Home DVR: Manage the DVR library on any TV, in any room, and record up to four shows at once on a single DVR.
- Remote DVR Programming: Program the DVR online at centurylink.net and through a mobile device (mobile feature coming soon).
- Warp-Speed Channel Change: Change the channel with virtually no lag time.
- Personal Media Sharing: Access photos and music stored on a computer.
- Picture-in-Picture Surfing: See what’s playing on one channel while watching another.
- Video On Demand: Access to hundreds of free and paid movies and TV shows, including Pay Per View content.
- Robust International Content: Access to 37 Spanish-language and 13 additional foreign-language channels.
- Find-it-Fast Navigation: Search live or recorded TV and Video On Demand by actor, title or category.
- On-Screen Caller ID: See who’s calling your phone without having to get up from the couch.
- Extras: Karaoke, games, local gas prices, stock prices, daily recipes and other applications are available at no additional cost.
- Microsoft Media Room 2.0 (coming soon): Access and manage online applications, including Facebook, YouTube, Picasa Photo Sharing, fantasy sports and more.
- Automatic Updates: Receive updates automatically as new features launch.
CenturyLink™ Prism™ is available at a number of price points to suit various customer needs, along with a $100 offer to switch from the current cable provider to CenturyLink. Plans start as low as $32.99 monthly for more than 120 digital channels. Bundles are available: A triple-play package, which includes Prism, high-speed Internet and voice services is under $90 per month, and a double-play package, which includes Prism and high-speed Internet, is under $65 per month.
CenturyLink™ Prism™ is available for demonstration at any of the company’s seven Southern Nevada retail stores and online at www.seeprismtv.com. Consumers can also call 702-222-4444 for more details.
CenturyLink is a leading provider of high-quality broadband, entertainment and voice services over its advanced communications networks to consumers and businesses in 33 states. CenturyLink, headquartered in Monroe, La., is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information on CenturyLink, visit www.centurylink.com.
For further information: Bree Witt of CenturyLink, +1-702-244-7559, Brianna.firstname.lastname@example.org