Highlights in 2010: Business solutions focus, operational execution, M2M momentum
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), February 24, 2011 - Sprint’s (NYSE:S, news, filings) Business Markets Group continued to make a strong contribution to the company’s quarterly performance, finishing the fourth quarter with increased demand for business solutions and Sprint 4G devices, as well as notable third-party endorsements.
- Solutions focus. In the quarter, Sprint continued to develop solutions driven by 4G, global IP, converged services and machine to machine (M2M) technology for new and existing business customers. Notably, Sprint and AirStrip Technologies announced a collaborative partnership to accelerate the adoption of remote patient monitoring applications that deliver patient data directly to mobile phones of healthcare providers.
- Expanded product and applications portfolio. In the quarter, Sprint announced new products to lift the productivity of business customers that included the Motorola ES400, Sanyo Taho by Kyocera, Samsung Galaxy Tab, and Dell Inspiron Mini 10/11z. The company offered three phones – the Samsung Transform™, Sanyo Zio and LG Optimus S™ – to support Sprint ID. New applications targeting businesses included Actsoft’s Advanced Forms, to enable businesses to develop custom built mobile forms, and NetMotion, for policy management and reporting.
- 4G availability. Business customers continued to benefit from Sprint's deployment of the first wireless 4G network from a national carrier. Today, business customers can use one of 18 Sprint 4G products on the network, including phones, netbooks, notebooks and aircards. In the fourth quarter, Sprint unleashed the power of 4G in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Washington D.C., Cleveland, Cincinnati, Denver and Columbus, Ohio. Sprint 4G is now available in 71 markets across the country, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas and New York City.
- Machine to Machine momentum. In the quarter, Sprint opened the doors to its one of a kind M2M Collaboration Center – a high-tech lab for developers and customers to jointly conjure commercially viable M2M solutions. The center brings together M2M talent and resources, including some of the world’s foremost innovators in mobile networks, devices, telematics, embedded computing and cloud computing. More than 30 groups and companies have partnered with Sprint to develop the next generation of M2M solutions.
- Third-party endorsements. Sprint continued to win third-party endorsements in the business space for innovation and improved customer experience. Sprint Business continues to improve in multiple customer care categories, measured by independent surveys in the Business Brand Health Monitor. An independent study shows Sprint business customers experienced the highest satisfaction with dedicated Sprint Business sales reps – topping the rankings of the four major carriers.
“Momentum was the operative word for Sprint Business in 2010,” said Paget Alves, president-Sprint Business Market Group. “We executed well quarter by quarter – earning new customers across all business segments, delivering exceptional service and attracting the attention and accolades of outside experts.
“We move into 2011 well positioned to build on our reputation as a reliable carrier with the best solutions, value and network in the business.”
Sprint Business Markets Group is composed of sales, support, marketing and operations personnel solely dedicated to enterprise, small and medium-sized business and public sector customers. The unit delivers wireless, wireline and converged solutions for companies, drawing on its 3G wireless network, 4G capabilities, national push-to-talk network, first-tier Global IP network and a comprehensive portfolio of solutions, devices and applications.
For more information about Sprint Business Markets Group, visit:
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 49.9 million customers at the end of 2010 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
Mark Bonavia, 913-269-0436