Nimbra 380 serves next generation IP Media Networks and Digital Terrestrial TV
DUBAI, UAE (CABSAT MENA 2011) – Net Insight, a leading developer of efficient and scalable transport solutions for media, IP and broadcast networks, today launched the Nimbra 380 at CABSAT MENA 2011. Paired with the award winning IP trunk and featuring built-in Ethernet switching and unique GPS independent Time Transfer, the Nimbra 380 offers network owners unprecedented performance for next generation IP media and Digital Terrestrial TV networks (DTT).
The Nimbra 380 is developed to meet the increased IP requirements in media and DTT networks where demands for IP/Ethernet services need to be combined with 100% Quality of Service (QoS). Using a unique channelized approach to delivery, collaborated with carrier-class Metro Ethernet switching, the Nimbra platform is the only product that guarantees 100 percent QoS of any media rich data, over IP and SDH/SONET network infrastructure.
Net Insight’s Nimbra Platform is renowned for having zero packet loss and for having the industry’s lowest jitter and wander, even at full network capacity. The Nimbra 380 has eight fixed Ethernet ports for high-quality Ethernet services and four trunk ports for SDH/SONET or IP/Ethernet uplinks.
Feature highlights include:
- Advanced Ethernet functionality – provides full Ethernet switching capabilities between the 8 physical ports and up to 119 logical ports (channels) including support for Private Line/LAN/Tree services, to fit virtually all services carried over Ethernet
- Carrier class performance – offers support for redundant power supplies, in-service hardware swap, various protection switching mechanisms and extensive fault and performance monitoring, ensuring reliable and trouble-free operation
- Guaranteed QoS – offers QoS with zero packet loss and the industry’s lowest jitter and wander, even at full network utilization
- Time Transfer – unique high-quality timing via fiber for reliable GPS free synchronization
- True multiservice transport – Ethernet, ASI, SDI, AES/EBU, E1/T1, DS3/E3 and STM-1 can be transported on the same platform
- Versatile uplink configuration – Nimbra 380 provides QoS transport over SDH/SONET and IP/Ethernet trunks
The Nimbra 380 will be available to order in June 2011, with general delivery in September 2011.
For further information, please contact:
Per Lindgren, VP Business Development of Net Insight, +46 8 685 04 00, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Net Insight
Net Insight delivers the world’s most efficient and scalable transport solution for Broadcast and IP Media, Digital Terrestrial TV, Mobile TV and IPTV/CATV networks.
Net Insight products truly deliver 100 percent Quality of Service with three times improvement in utilization of bandwidth for a converged transport infrastructure. Net Insights Nimbra(TM) platform is the industry solution for video, voice and data, reducing operational costs by 50 percent and enhancing competitiveness in delivery of existing and new media services.
World class customers run mission critical video services over Net Insight products for more than 100 million people in more than 40 countries. Net Insight is quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange, Stockholm.