HUNTERSVILLE, N.C.– Feb. 10, 2011 – Sprint (NYSE:S, news, filings) today announced it has updated its popular NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile application to improve fans’ user experience for the 2011 season.
Accessed by more than 2.5 million unique users in 2010, NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile is a wireless application that provides unique access into the world of NASCAR at no additional charge to Sprint customers with any Everything Data plan.
The new design features updated driver banners and buttons that provide customers instant access to information personalized to follow their favorite driver. The updated layout also offers improved graphics throughout and Twitter updates from drivers, crew members and other NASCAR insiders.
Sprint customers can use the application to enjoy hours of NASCAR on SPEED programming throughout Speedweeks at Daytona International Speedway.
Beginning on Friday, Feb. 11, NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile will carry live broadcasts of Bud Shootout practice, as well as NASCAR RaceDay and NASCAR Victory Lane on Saturday, Feb. 12.
The following week, fans can see both Gatorade Duel races, all practice sessions for the Daytona 500, along with NASCAR Live, NASCAR RaceDay, NASCAR Victory Lane and Trackside via the application.
In addition to extensive Speedweeks coverage, throughout the season, NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile will feature:
- Live in-car audio for all NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers and officials
- Live race radio broadcasts for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series races
- Real-time race leaderboards, points and Pit Pass telemetry data
- Live NASCAR on SPEED programming including live practice and qualifying
- Live post-race press conferences
- Miss Sprint Cup’s behind-the-scenes coverage straight from the track
- Breaking news and insights from NASCAR experts
- Customizable driver and real-time race alerts
- Race video highlights and analysis
- Race stats, standings and future schedules
- Driver, crew and NASCAR insider tweets
- Fantasy news, insights and videos
NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile is available at no additional cost to Sprint customers with any data plan on capable devices. To download the application, existing customers can text NASCAR to 7777 (standard rates apply) or visit Sprint.com/speed.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 49.9 million customers at the end of 2010 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek
ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date