Feb. 18, 2011
Cisco invites the media and 2011 HIMSS Conference attendees to explore the company’s latest health innovation pavilion highlighting solutions for telehealth, video collaboration, mobility and tablet PC technology, and clinical workflow solutions that facilitate reliable, highly secure and accessible health care.
At this year’s HIMSS Conference, Cisco will highlight the company’s collaboration with health care leaders such as GE Healthcare and Emerge.MD to bring new clinical collaboration and patient care solutions to market. Several new health IT projects featuring Cisco technology will be announced during the show, including wireless tracking technology designed to more easily locate medical equipment and clinical staff in a health care facility; collaboration technology that enables clinician-to-clinician and clinician-to-patient remote video consults; and care-at-distance services enabled by Cisco HealthPresenceTM.
Cisco will also be holding the Fourth Annual Community for Connected Health Summit to bring together the power of health care innovators and Cisco experts into a single forum of networking, education and best-practice sharing.
- Dr. Jason Hwang will speak at Cisco’s Health Innovation forum on Monday, Feb. 21, at 10 a.m. and will field press inquiries from Cisco’s booth. Dr. Hwang will also be joined by Cisco’s Dr. Kaveh Safavi, Frances Dare and Kathy English for press discussions on Monday.
- Orlando Portale, chief information officer for Palomar Pomerado Health, will available to discuss the growing role of tablet PC technology in a hospital environment and what hospitals are doing to accommodate this emerging development in health IT.
At Cisco booth 2051 demonstrations will include
- Cisco HealthPresence: Connects patients with medical providers conveniently and efficiently, regardless of distance.
- Cisco ūmiTM telepresence for home consultations: Uses an existing HD television and a wired or wireless broadband connection to create an immersive video communication experience.
- Cisco WebEx for Healthcare: Enables voice, video and Web sharing on a variety of mobile devices built on Cisco WebEx®.
- Cisco Medical Data Exchange Solution: Enables patient-centric access to medical records with an integrated end-to-end, IHE standards-based solution.
- Cisco CleanAir: Increases performance protection for 802.11n networks.
Additionally, Cisco’s director of Healthcare Solution Marketing, Kathy English will be leading the panel “Technology-Enhanced Nurse and Care Team Communication: Simple Solutions, Radical Improvement” along with Curtis Dikes, R.N.,MSN,B.C., national director of Clinical Informatics Technology, Kaiser Permanente. This event will take place on Thursday, Feb. 24, from 10 to 11 a.m.
Cisco health care executives and specialists are available for meetings by appointment.
Frances Dare, director, Health Policy
Kathy English, director, Healthcare Solutions
Kaveh Safavi, M.D., Global Healthcare practice leader
Exhibition: Feb. 21-23, 2011
Exhibit Hall Hours
Monday, Feb. 21 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 22 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2:30-5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 23 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2:30-5:30 p.m.
HIMSS: Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla.
Cisco Booth 2051
Fourth Annual Community for Connected Health Summit
At the Fourth Annual Community for Connected Health Summit, attendees have a front-row seat for the very latest innovations improving health care delivery throughout the world. Participants will be the first to hear about breakthrough solutions available today — and what is on the horizon for tomorrow.
During the summit Kaveh Safavi M.D. will examine emerging trends in healthcare services and delivery, and he will discuss new research in this field.
Monday, Feb. 21, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.