Vendor-Neutral Training and Certification Helps Instructors Make Virtual Classrooms Engaging and Improves Student Outcomes
SAN DIEGO (Training 2011, Booth 416) and SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 7, 2011 – With more educators using technology to advance the classroom experience, Cisco today announced the Cisco® Virtual Classroom Instruction Specialist certification, developed to build and validate the skills that educators and instructors need to effectively teach in virtual classroom environments.
- According to the American Society for Training & Development, 37 percent of training in 2009 involved electronic technology, up from 15 percent in 2002, while face-to-face instruction fell to 59 percent.
- The Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction (LVCI) course teaches participants how to prepare and manage a virtual classroom, effectively deliver material online, and use collaboration tools to maximize student participation and comprehension.
- LVCI goes beyond tool usage and teaches instructors how to improve learner outcomes through more effective classroom collaboration.
- LVCI is delivered virtually using Cisco WebExTM; however, the skills are readily transferable to other conferencing and collaboration tools.
- LVCI consists of 17.5 hours of live virtual instruction and six hours of participant presentations, delivered over five consecutive days.
- LVCI is designed and led by experienced WebEx University instructors, who have delivered more than 40,000 hours of virtual training sessions.
- Certification will be based on a proctored multiple-choice exam (642-132 LVCI) and a practical demonstration (642-133 LVCIP), in which the candidate uses the best practices of virtual classroom delivery.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco, said:
"As the paradigm of education continues to evolve to meet new institutional and business requirements, developing instructional strategies for new virtual education environments is becoming key to improving student results. The Virtual Classroom Instruction Specialist training and certification help ensure that instructors have the most comprehensive understanding of the latest technologies and effective classroom collaboration strategies. Cisco's educational offerings provide the skills and depth of knowledge required for educators to differentiate themselves in today's job market and enable a competitive advantage for their employers."
- Kathy Cooper, senior product trainer, WebEx University, said:
"Cisco Virtual Classroom Instruction Specialist certification not only covers the skills and techniques instructors need to prepare and manage a virtual classroom, but also shows how instructors can engage learners in the educational process and increase their participation and comprehension."
- David Mallon, principal analyst, Bersin & Associates, said:
"Our Virtual Classroom research shows that learning in an online environment is both less expensive and can be more instructionally rich than physical in-class experiences. Our research also demonstrates that what makes a great instructor effective online is the skillful use of collaboration tools. As job training and education continue to move online, this type of certification is an important offering."
- The multiple-choice LVCI exam (642-132 LVCI) will be available Feb. 7, 2011, at Pearson VUE Testing Centers at a price of $150.
- The practical LVCI demonstration exam (642-133 LVCIP) will be available in mid-March 2011 and will be administered through Pearson VUE.
- Registration for LVCI virtual training will be available Feb. 7, 2011, on the Cisco Learning Network at a price of $1,395 USD.
- Find out more about the Cisco Virtual Classroom Instruction Specialist certification and training products today at: http://www.cisco.com/go/virtualclassroom
- YouTube: Cisco Introduces New Virtual Classroom Instructor Specialist Certifications
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
Talent Development, Cisco Certified, Network, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Collaboration, Education, CCNA, CCNP, Virtual Classroom Instruction Specialist, LVCI, Virtual Classroom, K-12, Unified Communications, Learning@Cisco, Corporate Training, Higher Education
RSS Feed for Cisco:
About Cisco Systems
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Cara Ann Sloman Cisco Systems, Inc. 831 440-2411 firstname.lastname@example.org