Qwest iQ E-Line Service Increases Operational Efficiency and Improves ROI
DENVER, January, 11 2011 – With the launch of Qwest iQ® E-Line service, Qwest Communications (NYSE:Q, news, filings) has responded to the enterprise customer’s need to increase business value and improve quality of bandwidth connectivity. The new Qwest Ethernet solution provides a highly scalable, highly reliable, private line solution to increase businesses’ efficiency and operational productivity. Qwest customers like Hibernia Media are already using the solution to operate dedicated media networks that ensure the quality of their programming.
KEY FACTS ABOUT QWEST IQ® E-LINE
- The solution leverages state-of-the-art Dense Wave Division Multiplexing and dedicated Multi-Protocol Label Switching network technologies to combine the benefits of intelligent routing with the advantages of full bandwidth utilization.
- The construct may be rapidly provisioned to customers like Hibernia Media that need low latency, private line services as well as highly-secure connections for their media applications.
- Qwest iQ® E-Line is ideal for mission critical or general data-intensive applications that require scalable connections to customers’ data centers, storage-area networking, multi-location enterprise applications or disaster recovery and business continuity facilities.
- Fully-managed, the service offers highly granular bandwidth in increments from 5 Megabits per second (Mbps) up to 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps) to allow enterprises to scale their operations based on actual need and aid in improving application performance and business efficiency.
- When combined with multiplexing, the solution allows for hub-and-spoke multi-site connections within or between any of E-Line’s 16 markets currently for long-haul and metro applications including: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Mo., Los Angeles, New York, Newark, N.J., Philadelphia, Phoenix, Sunnyvale, Calif., Tampa, Fla., and Washington, D.C.
- The solution is MEF, IEEE and ITU standards compliant and backed by Qwest’s robust service level agreements.
Eric Bozich, vice president of Qwest National Network Services
“By leveraging the latest technology to reduce our costs, Qwest has rolled out a features-rich service that drives applications and is simple to integrate with customers’ existing network. It will be hard for other private line technologies to match the high performance, high reliability, at E-Line’s price point. Customers like Hibernia Media will enjoy lower latency along with better predictability and control over their applications.”
Del Bothof, President, Hibernia Media
“We specialize in helping major media companies transport their programming, and there has been a growing demand to carry that content using IP platforms. To accommodate this market shift, we looked to Qwest for a dedicated network solution that would be highly scalable and secure. We are very happy with the network performance and the reliability that we get from our QwestIQ® E-Line solution and that it reinforces our 100% QoS commitment made it the right fit for us.”
Melanie Posey, vice president of Hosting & Managed Network Services, IDC Research
“With the launch of QwestIQ E-Line,Qwest has provided a way for customers to migrate to higher bandwidth speeds in a gradual and cost-effective manner by leveraging the inherent granularity of Ethernet technology. Qwest is leading the charge in helping its customers implement solutions that serve current and future requirements and yield cost savings in these challenging economic times.”
About Qwest Business
Fortune 500 companies and other enterprises, government agencies and educational institutions of all sizes choose Qwest Business to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of data and voice networking communications solutions. The Qwest network backbone covers the entire continental United States and has one of the largest fiber footprints in the U.S., capable of supporting 40 Gbps data transmission rates now and 100 Gbps soon. Go to Qwest.com/business to see why enterprises coast-to-coast rely on Qwest for first-class communications solutions and to learn more about Qwest’s commitment to perfecting the customer experience.
About Hibernia Media
With over 200 media connection points in North America and Europe, Hibernia Media provides managed video transport over fiber using 100% QoS DTM (Dynamic Synchronous Transfer Mode) video transmission. Media companies come to Hibernia Media for low-latency, flawless delivery of media content in Standard Definition, High Definition, 3D, or compressed video formats on a dedicated or occasional use basis. Hibernia Media’s unique TOC (Television Operations Center) monitors and manages live video feeds on a 24/7 basis, and connects sports, news, entertainment, and other events to its audiences whenever and wherever required. Connect to us at www.HiberniaMedia.com or schedule your next contribution-quality video transmission by calling the TOC at 866-697-3621 (+1 443.692.2000). Hibernia Media is a subsidiary of Hibernia Atlantic, LLC.
The marks that comprise the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the U.S. and certain other countries.
Carolyn A. Tyler