Cisco's Latest In-Person Telepresence Solution Allows Instant and Spontaneous Face-to-Face Meetings With the Touch of a Finger
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, 25 January 2011 - Cisco has announced to its customers in the Gulf region, the launch of its all-new face-to-face virtual meeting solution, Cisco TelePresence® EX60. This system represents the latest addition to the Cisco TelePresence EX Series, which also includes the Cisco TelePresence EX90.
Designed for desktops at work or at home, Cisco's all-in-one EX60 is stylish and simple to use, offering an interactive touch screen and true, lifelike full HD video in a large-screen format.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The Cisco TelePresence EX60 combines work, communication and collaboration – all on the desktop – with just the touch of a finger. It works anytime, anywhere and supports full HD video, natural collaboration and a simple touch-screen interface for a complete solution that keeps conversations natural and productive.
- The solution streamlines the desktop so knowledge workers can move easily from individual work on laptops to a quick video call with colleagues. The Cisco TelePresence EX60 provides immediate access to joint project meetings or larger team telepresence meetings from the comfort of a work desk.
- Featuring wall-mount capability, the Cisco TelePresence EX60 fits both large and small spaces as well as shared space areas such as those used by virtual receptionists, financial traders or providers of translation and other services.
- The Cisco TelePresence EX60 is part of a broad portfolio of Cisco TelePresence systems offering immersive, multipurpose and personal endpoints that meet the needs of organisations of all sizes.
- Cisco TelePresence EX60 offers video resolutions of 1080p30 and 720p60 on a high-quality 21.5-inch screen with clear 1920-by-1080 resolution that enables participants to work, meet and collaborate via a one-tool device.
- Cisco's 8-inch touch-screen interface allows for simple control while the WXGA/720p content sharing, transparent one-touch HD sharing and the built-in document camera features enhance conversations with powerful collaborative tools.
- H.323 and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) bandwidth of up to 6 megabits per second point-to-point allows for high-quality calls while the wideband handset allows headset input for privacy.
- Munzer Aloush, regional manager, TelePresence and Video, Cisco Gulf, Iraq and Pakistan
"Cisco's advanced TelePresence EX60 enables people to communicate instantly and spontaneously over long distances straight from their desktops with ease and sophistication. The Cisco TelePresence EX60's impeccable video features and easy-to-use touch-screen technology has made communication from afar easier than ever before."
- Learn about Cisco TelePresence EX60 technology at:
Links / URLs:
- Emerging Markets RSS Feed:
- Middle East News:
Cisco, (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in emerging markets is supplied by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.