New York, NY – NTT America, a wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, and a global infrastructure services provider, today announced its results and achievements throughout 2010. The year was distinguished by Kazuhiro Gomi’s appointment to CEO of NTT America, as well as by strategic technology investments, global expansion and awards and recognition.
“2010 was a banner year for NTT America with the introduction of new technologies and strategic partnerships, as well as industry recognition through accolades and honors,” said Kazuhiro Gomi, CEO of NTT America. “As we look ahead to the next 12 months we look forward to building on this success as well as reinforcing our commitment to provide our customers with the best quality of service and support worldwide.”
Highlights from 2010:
NTT America appointed a new CEO to further direct and lead the company’s mission, strategy, annual goals and objectives, as well as to foster a culture of success.
· Kazuhiro Gomi was appointed as the company’s president and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and member of the Board of Directors. In his role he oversees all functional areas of NTT America, including the Enterprise Solutions Business Unit (ESBU) and the Global IP Network, which comprise the operations of NTT America, as well as legal, human resources, marketing communications and finance.
Technology Investments & Strategic Partnerships:
In 2010 NTT America made several strategic investments in key technologies to expand its suite of infrastructure offerings, including its Global Virtualization and Cloud services, as well as its low latency data connections.
· NTT Communications and NTT America partnered with VMware to offer Global Virtualization Services (GVS) across its state-of-the-art data centers in San Jose, Sterling, London and Hong Kong, and dedicated hosting platforms to deliver a highly efficient and flexible foundation for hosted IT infrastructures. In July, the company expanded its GVS offering with the addition of the Singapore premium data center.
· The Company announced its U.S. Enterprise Cloud solution – based on OpSource’s cloud, the NTT Communications Global IP Network and NTT America’s highly secure data center infrastructure – to deliver an enterprise-grade, multi-tenant public cloud solution to U.S. customers.
· NTT America expanded its Enterprise Cloud offering with the availability of Cloud Files, a cloud storage solution offering on-demand storage, backup and archiving to product suite
· The Company announced the latest evolution of VLink, a multi-location Ethernet solution that provides content providers, Internet service providers (ISPs), and enterprises direct connectivity among their multiple locations and provides an alternative to point-to-point connections. As companies move their internal IT services to cloud-based environments, the development of innovative solutions to meet the complex needs of these customers remains essential.
· NTT America deployed VMware vCloud™ Director to offer cloud services for U.S.-based enterprise customers that empowers enterprises to leverage cloud resources globally to efficiently deliver resources to its internal organizations in a secure yet agile manner.
· The Company announced that it is supplying the investment community with low latency routes available for transpacific data connections, between Chicago and Tokyo, and New York City and Tokyo. These data routes have proven critical in the success of high-frequency trading (HFT) and algorithmic trading for the financial markets and are available through NTT America via NTT Communications’ acquisition of Pacific Crossing and the PC-1 transpacific cable system.
NTT America continued its expansion in Latin America where the company is actively supporting the telecommunications sector through memberships in regional organizations, such as Ibero-American Association of Research Centers and Telecommunication Enterprises (AHCIET), a non-profit organization representing more than 50 Latin American and Spanish telecommunications companies. In addition, NTT Communications extended its presence in both Boston and Singapore.
· NTT America extended its North American presence linking Boston, MA to its global network with the launch of a Point of Presence (PoP), enhancing NTT America’s ability to provide multi-national corporations in the region with high-capacity, efficient networks to support their global operations, particularly to the Asia-Pacific region and beyond. The PoP also enhances the company’s ability to serve overseas companies investing in Greater Boston.
· NTT Communications deployed infrastructure at their datacenter in Singapore to meet with demand for virtualization services.
· In December Michael Wheeler, vice president of the Global IP Network for NTT America, participated in the 2nd annual Capacity Central America conference to identify key telecom services and technologies driving the future of the market.
· Also in November, Doug Junkins, CTO and vice president of IP development, spoke about the future of cloud computing in Latin America at the AHCIET XXVIII Reunion Iberoamericana de Trafico Internacional to address major factors driving adoption and emerging technology capabilities and resources to help advance the market.
Awards and Recognition:
NTT’s continued customer satisfaction and reliability was honored by multiple organizations in 2010. The Company was also ranked by Fortune Magazine as one of the top 500 corporations worldwide.
· Standard & Poor’s ranked NTT as a leading company for its reliability and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ranked NTT for its leading sales.
· NTT was ranked in the Fortune Global 500 list as 31st among the top 500 corporations worldwide (up from 44th in July 2009). Fortune also ranked the NTT Group 2nd among the world’s largest telecommunications companies.
· NTT Communications received high levels of customer satisfaction in Telemark’s customer satisfaction report titled “Global dataVPN: The Customer Experience”. The company was a recipient of the Gold Award for Outstanding Performance in 10 Categories: (1) Indispensable to Customers (2) Network Reliability (3) Secure Data Transfer (4) Installation not Disrupting (5) Installation on Schedule (6) Installation Guarantees (7) Support in Local Language (8) No Hidden Extras in Bills (9) Accurate Bills and (10) Bills in Currency of Choice.
· In September NTT America was selected to participate in the 2010 Cyber Storm III, the Department of Homeland Security’s biennial exercise series that simulates a large-scale cyber attack on critical infrastructure across the nation. NTT America’s engineering staff were in attendance and responsible for simulating the internet during the exercise.
· In September, NTT America CEO Kazuhiro Gomi was selected by Global Telecoms Business (GTB) as one of the 100 most powerful people in the telecoms industry worldwide for the second consecutive year.
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web at www.us.ntt.com.
Join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NTTAMERICA, follow NTT America on Twitter at @NTT_America or LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/companies/ntt-america for up-to-date news and announcements.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier 1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners. © 2010 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact: