Enhanced Web Interface Provides Customers With Faster and More Complete Service Management Visibility
New York, NY (November 1, 2010) – Telx®, a leading interconnection and colocation provider in strategic North American markets, today announced that it has launched its enhanced Web-based customer portal, enabling colocation, interconnection, Internet Exchange, Dedicated Internet Access and Ethernet Exchange users to manage services and view highly-detailed inventories of their space, power, connectivity and bandwidth. The newly designed portal provides instant benefits to customers by simplifying operations, improving inventory management and providing access to an online marketplace to help fuel revenue growth. With these improved capabilities, customers can closely monitor their data center assets and react quickly to market requirements in an easy to use, on-line system. The new Web portal also gives customers the ability to securely interact, collaborate and explore partnership opportunities through the Telx Customer Business Exchange (CBX) online.
Patrick Blesso, Network Engineering and IT Manager for GlobeNet, underscores the new portal’s value to his organization: “My team finds the new Telx Customer Service portal to be a complete success. Our network provisioners love the fact that the available Interconnection Area ports are clearly marked, while the engineering and IT professionals see value in the ease of entering new work orders and checking up on existing service orders in real time. We have enjoyed the security of the access management features, as well as all the different features that are available to us on the portal.”
Features of the Telx Customer Web Portal include:
- Colocation and Interconnection: Access to real time Inventory Management reports of space, power and connectivity by location, including granular detail by port. Easy and secure tracking of work orders, changes to account information, viewing of invoices and more.
- Ethernet Exchange Access: Accessible through the main customer portal, Telx Ethernet Exchange users can now view their connectivity information, and gain access to advanced features like Discovery and Inventory tracking tools.
- Dedicated Internet Access (DIA): Customers Access to DIA statistics and outage information.
- Telx Internet Peering Exchange (TIE): Access to total IX management including peering resources, Sflow analytics, port management and Peering contact management.
- CBX Online: The 24/7, Web-based version of Telx’s popular Customer Business Exchange (CBX), this feature allows customers to view Service Providers and their services and encourages secure interaction between customers across all 15 locations. This brings together the buyers and sellers of services.
“Our new customer portal gives users everything they need to quickly and easily manage and change their services, as well as securely network with other customers in all 15 locations,” said Brad Hokamp, Chief Marketing Officer of Telx. “In addition to the new portal capability to manage their service, customers wanted to have visibility to all the other providers and their services that are being offered in the Telx strategic centers. Through the Customer Business Exchange (CBX) On-Line portal functionality, we are excited to now give customers this added intelligence to conduct business with their key partners.”
# # #
Telx is a leading provider of interconnection, colocation and business exchange services in strategic, high demand North American markets. With 15 premier facilities, Telx increases speed to market and reduces connectivity costs by providing direct connections to the industry’s highest performance networks and access to more than 800 leading telecommunications carriers, ISPs, content providers and enterprises. Telx is a privately held company headquartered in New York City with four facilities in the New York Metro area, two facilities in Chicago, two facilities in Dallas, three facilities in California, (Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Santa Clara) and facilities in Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix and Charlotte, N.C. For more information about Telx, visit www.telx.com. To become a fan of Telx on Facebook, go to http://www.facebook.com/Telxgroup.
BridgeView Marketing for Telx