SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. (November 11, 2010) – FairPoint Communications recently donated a combined $11,250 to 11 Vermont nonprofit organizations in recognition of volunteer efforts by FairPoint employees.
The FairPoint Volunteer Incentive Program recognizes employees' contribution of time and talent to nonprofit organizations where they live and work. Under the program, FairPoint employees who volunteer at least 50 hours during the year can request that FairPoint reward the organization with a $750 grant. Employees may request funds on behalf of two separate organizations for a total of $1,500 each year.
FairPoint employees and their favorite nonprofits include:
- All Breed Rescue in South Burlington received $750 on behalf of FairPoint employee Debra Rocheleau of Colchester.
- Barre Youth Sports Association received $3,000 on behalf of FairPoint employees Corey Gillander of South Barre; Corey Touchette of Barre; Lisa Lefebvre-Barr of Barre; and Marc Sancibrian of East Montpelier.
- Burlington Amateur Hockey Association and Colchester Youth Baseball League each received $750 on behalf of FairPoint employee Conrad Ritchie of Colchester.
- Christian Ministries in Essex received $750 on behalf of FairPoint employee George Hugo of Springfield.
- Friends of Harwood Hockey in Waterbury received $1,500 on behalf of FairPoint employees Bradley Spaulding and Stephen Yandow, both of Waterbury.
- Mad River Soccer Association in Waitsfield also received $750 on behalf of Yandow.
- Nordic Spirit Soccer Club in Essex Junction received $750 on behalf of FairPoint employee Troy Cirillo of Colchester.
- Salvation Army in Burlington received $750 on behalf of FairPoint employee Cynthia Provost of Essex Junction.
- St. Michael’s College in Colchester received $750 on behalf of FairPoint employee Sandra Tumosa of South Burlington.
- Vermont’s Camp Takumta in Waterbury received $750 on behalf of FairPoint employee Robert Lencke of Lake Elmore.
FairPoint Communications, Inc. is an industry leading provider of communications services to communities across the country. Today, FairPoint owns and operates local exchange companies in 18 states offering advanced communications with a personal touch, including local and long distance voice, data, Internet, television and broadband services. Learn more at www.FairPoint.com.