Network Expansion Allows XO® to Reach New Customers and Further Address Needs of Multi-Location Enterprises
CHARLOTTE, NC – October 12, 2010 – XO Communications (OTCBB: XOHO) today announced an expansion of its metro network coverage across Charlotte, more than doubling its addressable market across the metropolitan area. The initiative demonstrates XO Communications’ strategy to expand its presence in existing XO® markets in order to serve more enterprise customers with its award-winning IP-based communications and managed network solutions and exceptional customer experience.
By expanding the reach of its 19,000-mile nationwide network and establishing additional points of presence across the Charlotte metropolitan area, XO Communications is now able to serve thousands of new businesses and offer them a more competitive alternative for their local and nationwide communications and networking needs. In addition, the company recently deployed Ethernet over copper technology across its network in Charlotte to offer businesses scalable, high-speed Ethernet access over last mile copper.
“Charlotte is our fastest growing market, and we are very excited about expanding our network coverage in the area to serve even more businesses,” said Josh Brant, general manager for Georgia and North Carolina markets at XO Communications. “Charlotte continues to be a rapidly growing market with businesses operating in many industries across the metro area as well as nationally and internationally. With our extensive network reach and broad portfolio of services, XO Communications is uniquely positioned as the leading competitive alternative for businesses’ communications and network needs.”
XO Communications offers businesses and large enterprises a superior customer experience and solutions built around their unique needs that enable them to:
- Connect multiple locations seamlessly regardless of size with a broad range of cost-effective and scalable high performance wide area networking services;
- Communicate between offices, customers and partners with next generation VoIP, SIP trunking and unified communications solutions that help increase efficiency and productivity;
- Manage their networks with solutions that allow them to simplify, get better control and dedicate more resources on their core business operations;
- Protect mission-critical applications, information and networks with business continuity, managed security and private data networking solutions; and
- Optimize business performance with managed network solutions that accelerate the speed of mission critical applications and networks.
For more information about XO Communications and its services, contact an XO sales representative by calling 866-349-0134 or visit www.xo.com.
About XO Communications
XO Communications, a subsidiary of XO Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: XOHO), is a leading nationwide provider of advanced broadband communications services and solutions for businesses, enterprises, government, carriers and service providers. Its customers include more than half of the Fortune 500, in addition to leading cable companies, carriers, content providers and mobile network operators. Utilizing its unique combination of high-capacity nationwide and metro networks and broadband wireless capabilities, XO Communications offers customers a broad range of managed voice, data and IP services with proven performance, scalability and value in more than 75 metropolitan markets across the United States. For more information, visit www.xo.com.
# # #
Chad Couser/XO Communications