New phone system is the largest Allworx offering to date; Supports up to 250 employees per site
EAST ROCHESTER, N.Y. - October 20, 2010 (Print-friendly PDF file)
Allworx (www.allworx.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of PAETEC Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: PAET), today announced the addition of its 48x phone system and System 7.2 Software Upgrade to its current award winning suite of IP-based phone systems for small and medium sized businesses. With support for up to 250 employees per site, the 48x is the largest system to date from Allworx and an ideal solution for companies in the mid-market enterprise space, as well as small businesses preparing for future growth.
IP-Based phone systems such as the 48x offer tremendous advantages over traditional systems. By converging voice and data over a single network, businesses can realize network efficiency, powerful features and simpler management for internal staff. Since devices are connected through routing rather than physical connections, users can easily move phones within a building, or even bring their phone and capabilities to any Internet-based connection such as their home or hotel room when traveling.
"The 48x is the latest addition to our already robust line of communications products," said Chris Hasenauer, president of Allworx. "As our customers grow, the 48x can expand with them while keeping the same intuitive interface and simple management that Allworx users have come to expect."
The Allworx 48x offers dual T1/PRI interfaces, each capable of supporting any mix of voice and data connectivity, making it the perfect system for businesses which are too large for a single PRI, but not so large that they need the significant expense of an enterprise-class server.
In addition, the Allworx 48x includes:
- Two (2) T1/PRI interfaces, each capable of supporting any mix of voice and data connectivity
- Four (4) conference bridges with up to 30 users per conference and up to 60 users in all conferences simultaneously
- Three (3) FXO ports and five (5) FXS portsFull support for every Allworx VoIP phone
- Energy efficient design for maximum energy cost savings
- Rack mountable
The System 7.2 Software Upgrade from Allworx offers full support for the 48x Phone System plus numerous other features.
Allworx System 7.2 Software Upgrade features include:
- 48x Phone System Support
- Enhanced Phone Plug-N-Play-Assign a phone's owner directly from the phone
- Improved E911 Support-Create multiple E911 CID numbers
- Phone Reboot All Feature-Systematically reboot all phones from the server
- Multi-Site Statistics-Display the amount of traffic between sites
- Multi-Site Diagnostics-Test multi-site functionality between different sites
- Phone SNMP Agent Support and Monitoring
- Web Server Connection Architecture Update
More information about Allworx and its complete line of products is available at www.allworx.com.
Allworx, a wholly owned subsidiary of PAETEC Holding Corp., develops award winning phone & network systems for small-to-medium sized businesses and sells these products through a network of Authorized Resellers. The product line includes the Allworx 6x and 48x systems and Allworx 9224 phone and Tx 92/24 Expander, 9212 and 9204 IP phones along with a series of software options. By combining the advanced features of today's VoIP systems with the key system features SMBs have grown to rely on, Allworx systems are ideal replacements for the millions of aging (TDM) PBX and key phone systems in use today. Allworx' Consulting Division delivers elite software and digital hardware engineering services to both large and small companies who want to enhance and complement their research and product development capabilities. For more information please visit www.allworx.com.