LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Windstream (NYSE:WIN, news, filings) today announced the top 10 ‘Spirit Award’ winners as part of the company’s Classroom Connections program. The 10 schools were chosen from among 30 finalists through a public online vote and each will receive a $5,000 donation from Windstream.
The 10 winners are:
- Commerce Middle School – Commerce, Ga.
- Jay M. Robinson High School – Concord, N.C.
- J.R. Ingram Elementary School – Sanford, N.C.
- Laurel Hill Elementary School – Laurel Hill, N.C.
- Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit – Edinboro, Pa.
- Northwestern School – Mendon, Mo.
- Prague High School – Prague, Okla.
- St. Elizabeth School – St. Elizabeth, Mo.
- White County Ninth Grade Academy – Cleveland, Ga.
- Winder-Barrow Middle School – Winder, Ga.
More than 120 schools applied to Windstream’s Classroom Connections program which donated a total of $150,000 to schools in 2010. All applicants were required to produce a video demonstrating their need for technology. Four schools were awarded $25,000 each earlier this year. All winning videos can be viewed online at www.lifetimetour.com/classroomconnections.php.
Windstream Corporation is an S&P 500 company with about $4 billion in annual revenues. Windstream provides phone, high-speed Internet and high-definition digital TV services to customers in 23 states. The company also offers a wide range of IP-based voice and data services and advanced phone systems and equipment to businesses and government agencies. For more information about Windstream, visit www.windstream.com.
4001 Rodney Parham Road
Little Rock, AR 72212