New Office Will Add Ten Portland Positions
PORTLAND, Maine - June 2, 2010 (Print-friendly PDF file)
PAETEC Holding Corp. (NASDAQ GS: PAET), a full service communications solutions provider to business-class customers nationwide, today announced the official opening of its local office in Portland, Maine, with plans to fill ten positions from the Portland area. The new office, located on the sixth floor of One Canal Plaza in Portland, will serve all of Maine with PAETEC's unique blend of personalized customer support and business-class communication products and services.
"Over the past two years, we have developed strong relationships with customers and partners in Maine and this new facility completes our footprint in the Northeast," said Kevin Errity, president of PAETEC's east region. "Our highly personalized communications solutions have been embraced by the dynamic, entrepreneurial business community in the Portland-Bangor area and we are proud to establish a permanent home here to serve this community."
PAETEC, a FORTUNE 1000 company, is one of the largest competitive telecommunication carriers in the nation serving 84 of the largest 100 Metropolitan Service Areas. With well over $1.5 billion in revenue, PAETEC and its nearly 4,000 dedicated employees serve the ever-changing communications needs of over 40,000 large and mid-size businesses from coast to coast including universities, health care and financial institutions, and government agencies.
The company's broad product portfolio includes services such as MPLS VPN to cost-effectively manage bandwidth and connect multiple locations, VoIP to gain the maximum benefits of IP-based communications, along with a suite of managed security and data center solutions.
PAETEC leverages and combines individual products to create comprehensive solutions to address our customers' need in the areas of:
- Communications: Reliable and scalable products for data, voice, and Internet services. PAETEC tailors service solutions to enhance customers' internal and external communications.
- Business Continuity: Effective tools for disaster preparedness, network redundancy, and application recovery. PAETEC provides advanced tools to help its customers recover from the loss or corruption of data, and to maintain their operations during and after a disaster.
- Security: Products and services such as Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDPS) that protect customers' critical corporate files and applications, mitigate risks, and support regulatory compliance.
- Managed Services: Products that address budgetary constraints and limited IT resources. Customers can essentially outsource their communications requirements, allowing them to focus limited IT resources on other critical needs.
- Financing: PAETEC's unique Equipment for Services Program allows businesses to reduce or even eliminate the capital expense of communications equipment as part of an overall network services contract.
"In a challenging economic environment, our solutions are especially attractive to our rapidly expanding family of customers here in Maine," said Steve Richard, PAETEC's regional vice president. "Our diverse portfolio of innovative solutions like Equipment for Services can help businesses achieve their IT goals while minimizing the painful capital expense." PAETEC's Equipment for Services program can subsidize important office equipment such as phone systems, servers, and even software licenses.
For more information about PAETEC services in Maine, please contact the Portland office at 207.619.9060.
PAETEC (NASDAQ: PAET), a FORTUNE 1000 company, is personalizing business communications for medium and large businesses, enterprise organizations and institutions across the United States. We offer a comprehensive suite of IP, voice, data, and Internet services, as well as enterprise communications management software, network security solutions, CPE, and managed services. For more information, visit www.paetec.com.