HERNDON, VA – May 5, 2010 – XO Communications (OTCBB: XOHO), in collaboration with TMCNet and BroadSoft®, will host an interactive webinar on May 12th entitled, “Beyond SIP Trunking – Unify the Enterprise.” The event will bring together several SIP trunking experts to discuss the latest industry trends and insights on how distributed enterprises can streamline their managed voice services.
Specifically, the hour-long session will cover topics such as the benefits of SIP trunking services and future trends, how to evaluate the return-on-investment of SIP, as well as things to consider when evaluating SIP trunk service providers. It will also offer an inside glimpse of various enterprise networks before and after SIP trunking was implemented.
“With today’s economic climate, it’s more important than ever before that enterprises evaluate their managed voice options to ensure they’re allocating their IT budget in an efficient and strategic manner for their business,” said Mike Toplisek, chief marketing officer for XO Business Services at XO Communications. “By bringing together industry-leading experts on SIP trunking services, we hope to empower enterprises with the tools and information necessary to transform their distributed voice network architecture into a more centralized and cost-effective VoIP solution.”
The webinar will feature the insights and perspective of leading SIP trunking experts, including:
- Lisa Pierce, founder and president of Strategic Networks Group, a consultancy dedicated to improving the quality of emerging telecommunications and IT services, and the service experience that business customers receive from key suppliers. She brings a unique expertise in a wide range of network technology including SIP trunking, unified communications, broadband access, managed network services, among other things.
- Steve Carter, senior product manager at XO Communications, led the launch of the company’s SIP trunking services, including XO Enterprise SIP, which won the INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award in 2009.
- Alex Doyle, senior director of global solutions marketing at BroadSoft, has been intricately involved in the development of the BroadWorks application platform and has been responsible for product solution management of BroadSoft’s business and consumer applications.
- Erin Harrison, senior editor of TMCnet, is a seasoned reporter and editor and covers IP communications, information technology and other related topics for TMCnet.
Beyond SIP Trunking – Unify the Enterprise
When: May 12th at 2:00 p.m. EST
Who Should Attend: Both technical and non-technical audiences from U.S.-based businesses
Registrations: Complimentary Webinar – Click here to register for the webinar.
XO® Enterprise SIP
XO Communications is an industry leader in SIP trunking solutions for distributed enterprises. Its newest solution, XO Enterprise SIP, enables customers to utilize a centralized IP-PBX architecture in key locations to deliver VoIP services to branch locations across an existing wide area network (WAN) or using the XO® MPLS IP-VPN solution. Moreover, utilizing XO Enterprise SIP customers can achieve a number of benefits including:
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership by using a single or fewer IP-PBXs to support all locations;
- Reduced Operating Costs by not having to maintain costly PRI facilities or local voice trunks at each location, and eliminating the operating expense of managing separate voice and data networks;
- Greater Flexibility by allowing locations to burst above their normal call capacity and sharing idle voice trunk capacity from other locations across the enterprise;
- Increased Efficiency in network management through simplified and converged network operations, significantly less effort to connect new locations to the public switched telephone network;
- Business Continuity with redundant Enterprise SIP connections and the ability to automatically re-route calls to alternate locations;
- Extensive Nationwide Availability of XO VoIP services in all 50 states and more than 2,700 cities.
For more information about XO Enterprise SIP, visit www.xo.com/esip.
About XO Communications
XO Communications, a subsidiary of XO Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: XOHO), is a leading nationwide provider of advanced communications services and solutions for businesses, enterprises, government, carriers and service providers. Its customers include more than half of the Fortune 500, in addition to leading cable companies, carriers, content providers and mobile network operators. Utilizing its unique combination of high-capacity nationwide and metro networks and broadband wireless capabilities, XO offers customers a broad range of managed voice, data and IP services with proven performance, scalability and value in more than 75 metropolitan markets across the United States. For more information, visit www.xo.com.
Chad Couser/XO Communications
Reputation Partners (for XO Communications)