Company recognized for achievements in providing innovative IT solutions on a global scale
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ:EQIX, news, filings), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has named Synoptek, a leading Managed IT and Cloud services provider, the 2016 Equinix Americas New Partner of the Year. The award recognizes a new member of the Equinix Channel Partner Program for its overall contributions to the business. Synoptek was recognized for its achievements in the global expansion of Platform Equinix, along with its ability to drive innovative solutions and bundles in a fast-paced market.
Highlights / Key Facts
- As a Gold member of the Equinix Channel Partner Program, Synoptek pairs its advanced Managed Services capability with Equinix's cloud interconnection and performance, allowing enterprises to achieve optimum performance on a global scale.In 2016, Equinix and Synoptek introduced the first ever Managed Performance Hub offering. The solution addresses the needs of organizations struggling to maintain the highest level of network performance and quality-of-service for global users.
- Managed Performance Hub brings cloud applications into reach for remote enterprise users in worldwide locations. Enterprises can predictably deliver cloud-based applications, thanks to direct, private cloud application deployment at the edge of the network, where people live and work. The solution is built exclusively on Platform Equinix within International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers that offer Equinix Cloud Exchange™ and Internet Exchange. Synoptek provides all of the hardware for routing, switching and security.
- Equinix's Channel Partner Program provides access to Equinix's global footprint, advanced interconnection solutions, and vast business ecosystems to meet customers' IT performance, reliability and cost requirements, while unlocking new revenue streams in an expanding global market. Through the program, enterprise customers have access to public clouds, private clouds and traditional IT environments—all architected, deployed and fully managed by trusted Equinix channel partners such as Synoptek.
- Greg Adgate, vice president, global technology partners and alliances, Equinix:
"Adding Synoptek to our global partner program has been a great success for Equinix. The work we have done together over the past year, specifically with the Managed Performance Hub solution, has been instrumental in providing an entry point for enterprises new to Equinix, enabling them to incorporate cloud into their overall IT infrastructure in a high-performance and cost-effective manner. We are pleased by the enthusiastic reception from the enterprise, and look forward to future successes together."
- Tim Britt, CEO, Synoptek:
"Ultimately the results we achieved were a product of the largest cloud foundation in the world, which Equinix's global infrastructure and our global managed service delivery platform provide. By combining our IT service delivery capability with the Equinix's foundation, we were able to deliver value that our customers had not yet imagined in a rapidly evolving cloud market."
Equinix, Inc. connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centres and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centres; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.