Videoscape Media Suite Will Enable KT to Deliver Content to a Variety of Devices
SAN JOSE, Calif, and AMSTERDAM, IBC –September 9, 2011 – Cisco today announced its collaboration with KT, Korea's leading telecommunications service provider, to implement a unified content management system that integrates content management processes, achieves One Source Multi Use (OSMU) objective, and support ‘N Screen' services. KT is embracing the vision and strategy of Cisco Videoscape™ to evolve its system architecture over time to integrate client, network and cloud components and be able to interface with content providers allowing synchronization across TV, PC, mobile and tablet screens.
- KT will integrateCisco's Videoscape Media Suite, a cornerstone component of the Cisco Videoscape portfolio, into its unified content management system.Videoscape Media Suite also supports PC/Mac/iOS/Android clients to efficiently manage and publish content across multiple screens.
- KT is also now making various multimedia services available to its customers via PCs and third-party devices, and is creating a new culture for ‘N Screen' media services by offering connections to a wide range of content including video, audio, e-books and online games.
- KT serves over 16 million mobile subscribers and over 7.6 million fixed broadband Internet subscribers with nearly 2.5 million customers now subscribed to its ‘olleh tv' IPTV service.
- Videoscape is a comprehensive TV platform for service providers that utilize the network, cloud and client devices together to deliver new, high-quality video experiences over the Internet.
- SehaPark, Vice President, Business & Information System Transformation Business Unit,KT
"We searched for the right technology partner who shared our ‘N Screen' vision, and could help us evolve our strategy for unified content management. Cisco sets itself apart from the rest with its Videoscape platform, as it offers us a clear path to transition to an open IP video architecture that delivers the best consumer experienceswith access to any content, on any device."
- Jeff White, Vice President of Sales, Asia Pacific Service Provider Business Unit, Cisco
"KT needed a platform that can support its new service bundles and manage the complexities of delivering multiple media formats to the wide range of devices available in the Korean market today. Cisco and KT are aligned on the Videoscape vision and strategy to flexibly deliver advanced video and content services to multiple devices. We look forward to helping KT achieve their goals for a unified content managementplatform that will scale with its fast-growing customer base."
- About KT: http://www.kt.com/
- Cisco Videoscape
- Cisco Service Provider blog: SP360: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow Cisco IBC news and activities on Twitter: #CiscoIBC
Cisco, cloud, Internet video, IP, IP KT, KT, mobile TV, , N Screen, network, online video, streaming video, video, Videoscape Media Suite, Videoscape, Pankaj Patel, Seha Park
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
KT Corporation is Korea's top full-fledged telecommunication operator providing wireless, fixed line, broadband and IP TV. KT has been Korea's leader in the development of the information & communications industry for the last 25 years and has helped turn Korea into an IT powerhouse. With the commercial launch of the world's first wireless broadband service (WiBro), KT is paving the way for U (Ubiquitous)-Korea with ubiquitous infrastructure through which people can share information wherever they are.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Sara CiceroCisco Service Provider Video Technology Group+1 770 236 firstname.lastname@example.org