New York, NY and Las Vegas, NV – Today at VMworld® 2011, NTT America, a wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, a global infrastructure services provider, announced a suite of data protection and business continuity services to meet the strict requirements of today’s enterprises. These services include cloud backup, archiving and compliance. NTT America will have cloud architecture experts on-hand to discuss these new services at NTT Communications booth #320 at VMworld 2011, August 29 through September 1 at The Venetian in Las Vegas, NV.
NTT America’s new data protection services enable customers of all sizes to have access to the same leading technologies and processes traditionally only available to those with very large IT budgets. As more companies seek to adopt private and hybrid cloud computing architectures to lower costs, business continuity and data protection services are amongst the top requirements. For many years, high-quality business continuity services have been expensive and only available to businesses with very large IT budgets. Managed business continuity services, while costing less, were not as robust as premium in-house services, often leaving an enterprise to sacrifice necessary features. Many smaller IT organizations, as a result, utilized off-site tape vaulting as a protection mechanism.
Designed for organizations with demanding requirements for operational uptime, NTT America’s private cloud services are built on production-proven technologies to support continuous business operations. Like the other services in the NTT America cloud computing portfolio, the new Cloud Backup and Cloud Archiving services are billed based on the customer’s usage, thus minimizing upfront expenditures.
Key Product/Service Highlights
· Data and Application Continuity – Powered by Asigra, NTT America Cloud Backup is an agentless architecture that continuously backs up a business’ data to the NTT America data center. Businesses save time by only having to set the backup parameters once; the continuous data protection will incrementally add new data blocks. The deduplication feature ensures that only new data is added to the backup system making the entire process less resource-intensive on both the hardware and network. The virtual disaster recovery and application restoration aspects of the system ensure that mission critical data and applications can easily be recovered in the event of a disaster.
· Long-Term Data Archiving – NTT America’s Cloud Archiving addresses regulations that mandate the long-term storage of a company’s data, files and applications. Equally critical in the archiving process is the end-to-end chain of custody, which monitors and tracks who has access to certain types of information and when. This feature enables a business to prove in a court of law and validate that data was not changed or manipulated while archived. If changed, a SAS 70 continuous archive auditing system notes the time, person and change made to the archive. Setting new standards, NTT America Cloud Archiving ensures data preservation, integrity and compliance while dramatically reducing archiving costs.
· Secure Hybrid Cloud for Business Continuity – NTT America previously announced its VMware vCloud® Powered status (August 25th: http://bit.ly/nU9BBp). Through this partnership with VMware, NTT America supports the ability of VMware vSphere® administrators to immediately begin deploying and managing virtual machines (VMs) across VMware vCloud® Powered cloud services. This robust private and hybrid cloud architecture maximizes an organization’s available computing resources while providing additional resources on-demand that leverage NTT Communications’ global cloud computing infrastructure.
“Business agility and efficiency remain the primary drivers for organizations adopting cloud-based solutions,” said Doug McMaster, NTT America’s vice president of data center services. “Regardless of where enterprises are in their cloud adoption lifecycle - whether their initiatives include private clouds offering a higher degree of customization, the public cloud for cost efficiency or a hybrid environment that leverages both in-house and off-site data center resources - NTT America is there to support them.”
“The real driver of cloud computing is the business value it delivers, not only reducing costs but delivering greater levels of durability and responsiveness to support business dynamics,” said Jim Geiser, Director of IT at Texas Advanced Optoelectronic Solutions (TAOS). “NTT America’s Cloud Backup and Archiving services have been especially advantageous, eliminating time consuming administrative tasks by providing a turnkey, secure, compliant backup service.”
“Use of cloud technologies for IT infrastructure will accelerate rapidly as new cloud services are brought to market, and users will look beyond the basics of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) to source business services that will enable their organizations to take advantage of recovering markets more quickly. In the end, business managers will be able to more effectively manage, procure and consume all the services, processes and systems required to run their business in the best and most agile way possible,” noted Ted Chamberlin, Research Vice President, Gartner, Inc.
· NTT Communications Corporation Website: www.ntt.com/index-e.html
· NTT America Website: www.us.ntt.com
· NTT America Data Center Services Website: www.dedicatedserver.com
· Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service and Web Hosting Gartner RAS Core Research Note G00209074
· NTT America Private Cloud Webpage
· NTT America Private Cloud Datasheet (PDF)
· NTT America Data Center Services Overview (PDF)
· NTT America Cloud Backup Webpage
· NTT America Cloud Archiving Webpage
· VMworld® 2011 Website
Join NTT America on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NTTAMERICA, follow NTT America on Twitter at @NTT_America and LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/companies/ntt-america for up-to-date news and announcements.
The official hashtag of VMworld 2011 is #VMworld
NTT America welcomes press, analysts, bloggers and other interested parties to use and reference our content with proper attribution, for example “source: NTT Communications.”
NTT, NYSE NTT, NTT Communications, NTT Com, NTT America, Cloud, Cloud Computing, Security, Asia, AsiaPac, Asia-Pac, Hybrid Cloud, Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Cloud Storage, Storage, Cloud Backup, Backup, Cloud Archiving, Archiving, Cloud Compliance, Compliance, VMware, vCloud Director, vCloud Powered, VMworld 2011
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web at www.us.ntt.com.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier 1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges.
Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
VMware, VMware vCloud, VMware vSphere and VMworld are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2011 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
Subudhi Consulting Group, Inc.
Agency of Record for NTT America