Overwhelming response by developers who will create innovative mobile, consumer and enterprise applications
GAITHERSBURG, MD, June 22, 2011 – BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ:BSFT, news, filings), the leading global provider of software that enables mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to deliver real-time communications over their IP networks, today announced the nine developers that have been selected for the 2011 Xtended Incubator Program – a global initiative designed to accelerate the development of in-demand voice, mobile and web-based communications applications for businesses and consumers through the provision by BroadSoft of seed funding, feedback and support to application developers.
The selected developers have a unique opportunity to reach half a billion end users with their applications and more importantly, earn ongoing revenues through BroadSoft Xtended™ – a pioneering ecosystem where BroadSoft’s customers base of more than 450 global telecommunications service providers can leverage these innovative communications applications to bring greater value to their customers.
2011 Incubator Developers and Applications
- App Sherpas – Time Tracker and Call Tracker apps to categorize, track and graphically visualize incoming calls and call durations for specific numbers.
- Azuvo – iPhone app for Simple Notification Service enabling small businesses and consumers to deliver cloud-based notification services to individuals and groups.
- CTI LLC – Phone Poll app that uses a web-based form to create a voice-based phone survey application.
- Dynamic5 – Profile based mobile call control application to easily and intelligently manage call routing through a simple, intuitive user experience.
- Excendia – Hosted Speech Enabled Single Number service based on BroadWorks®.
- Larsson Consulting – BroadSoft Conference Buddy app enabling users of the BroadSoft Meet Me conferencing system to gain easy and timely entry to any Meet Me conference.
- Mondago – Phone Presence Tile a browser-based client or widget that allows BroadWorks users to monitor phone status of a selected set of contacts.
- RiiS LLC – Front Office Assistant app for iOS and Android devices allowing BroadSoft-powered small and medium businesses the ability to manage their users and calls.
- StormConnect – Call Center Agent Tile a browser-based client or widget for call center agents to easily and conveniently update their agent status.
“The 2011 Xtended Incubator Program builds upon last year’s success, and we are delighted by the significant increase in the number of developers interested in this opportunity and their broad range of technical and user interface design capabilities,” said Shirish Andhare, VP of Emerging Markets, BroadSoft. “The selected developers, from the US, UK, Sweden, India, China, Russia, and Canada, will focus on creating applications that integrate BroadSoft’s communications applications with business process software as well as apps optimized for tablets and smartphones.”
The BroadSoft Xtended Incubator Program enables global service providers to differentiate and more quickly monetize their communications offerings. Key benefits to service providers include the ability to:
- Leverage BroadSoft’s community of 4,500 developers and open APIs to drive application innovation – in essence tapping into free R&D.
- Generate incremental new revenue streams and compliment traditional sales channels.
- Quickly deploy a hosted storefront with minimal capex.
- Select applications from the BroadSoft marketplace of value to their customers, and add their own exclusive applications to the app store as well.
- Enable enterprise and consumer end users to directly browse, preview, purchase and run applications powered by the service provider network.
- Tap BroadSoft marketing support and expertise to promote the value of the applications to end-users.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements may be identified by their use of terms and phrases such as “will” and other similar terms and phrases and include, among others, statements regarding the benefits of the Xtended Incubator Program to service providers, whether the selected developers will successfully develop their applications, whether the Program will accelerate the development of in-demand voice, mobile and web-based communications applications for businesses and consumers or enable global service providers to differentiate and more quickly monetize their communications offerings by leveraging the Program. The outcome of the events described in these forward-looking statements is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results anticipated by these forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to whether the Xtended Incubator Program will result in increased revenues for BroadSoft or accelerate customer demand for BroadSoft’s products and services, as well as those factors contained in the “Risk Factors” section of BroadSoft’s Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 9, 2011, and in BroadSoft’s other filings with the SEC. All information in this press release is as of June 22, 2011. Except as required by law, BroadSoft undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement made herein for any reason to conform the statement to actual results or changes in its expectations.
BroadSoft provides software that enables fixed-line, mobile and cable service providers to deliver voice and multimedia services over their IP-based networks. The Company’s software, BroadWorks®, enables service providers to provide enterprises and consumers with a range of cloud-based, or hosted, IP multimedia communications, such as hosted IP private branch exchanges, video calling, unified communications, collaboration and converged mobile and fixed-line services.
BroadSoft and BroadWorks are registered trademarks of BroadSoft, Inc. All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.
+1 240 720 9558
+1 301 775 6203
+44 0 207 751 4444