TOKYO, JAPAN - NTT Communications (NTT Com) announced today a new cloud-optimized network service for enterprises, called Universal One, that customers will use for comprehensive cloud services linked directly to their private networks. NTT Com plans to launch Universal One in Japan in the coming months and will begin accepting applications from April. The service will launch in global markets sometime in September or thereafter.
As companies look to incorporate cloud services in their growth strategies to reduce the burden of designing and managing complicated networks, one of their concerns is how reliably network services can assure continuous access to the cloud. NTT Com expects Universal One to satisfy this concern by enabling enterprises to rapidly deploy cloud-based networks on a reliable, low-cost, scalable basis, with the added assurance of redundant access lines.
Universal One will offer broad flexibility in terms of location, operations, layers and even the type of cloud they use (see attachment). Services will be available in four different levels of quality and cost, starting as low as 16,800 JPY per month for a layer 3 network in Japan.
Features of Universal Onet
Rapid network deploymen
- Comprehensive services, which previously had to be segregated according to the customer’s network layer and type of access line.
- Four plans offering different levels of quality and cost, from premium service for top-level reliability and quality to best-effort service for basic-level bandwidth.
- Easy three-step process for selecting the most appropriate plan, bandwidth and options.
- No need to design or construct network to access cloud services.
- New, high-function Universal One terminal enables end-to-end management for strengthened network reliability and business continuity.
- All service plans include a backup access line to assure network availability.
High cost performance
- In addition to seamless interconnection of layer 2 and layer 3 networks, connection to NTT Com’s BizCITY cloud services (some available only in Japan) is provided at no extra charge.
- One-stop management-from Universal One terminal to cloud-helps to lower costs significantly compared to complicated conventional networks.
- Unifies domestic and foreign networks operating on different specifications.
- Enables universal management and billing.
- Creates seamless global networks that support multinational business operations.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar™ Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier-1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
(Ms.) Yasuko Oka or (Ms.) Akiko Suzaki
Public Relations Office
Tel. +81 3 6700 4010